Attraction, entertainment, stores, and restaurant closures/refurbishments
Please remember to check disneyland.com or the Disneyland App for up-to-the-moment information. Better yet, post your comment or question on our discussion boards, here, at disneyelite.com!
- River Belle Terrace <restaurant/Frontierland> through Nov 21st.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad <attraction/Frontierland> through Oct 19th.
- Indiana Jones Adventure <attraction/Adventureland> Nov 6th to 9th.
- "it's a small world" <attraction/Fantasyland> Oct 23rd to Nov 9th (to install the holiday overlay) Reopens Friday, Nov 10th.
- Space Mountain <attraction/Tomorrowland> Nov 1st (to remove the holiday overlay). Reopens Nov 2nd.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> Jan 8th, 2018 (to remove holiday overlay). Re-open date to be determined.
Disney California Adventure
- Goofy's Sky School <attraction/Paradise Pier> through Dec 19th.
- "It's Tough to be a Bug" theater <attraction/bugs land> Oct 23rd to Nov 2nd to host a preview of "Coco"
- Chapel Hats – closed
- Vault 28 – closed to make room for new Star Wars virtual reality offering.
- Fossil – closed to make room for new Star Wars virtual reality offering.
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Pinocchio's Workshop (group childcare) – closed, to become the resort fitness center.
Crowd Impacting Events
- Halloween Time <Disneyland Resort> through Oct 31st.
- Mickey's Halloween Party <Disneyland Park>– Oct 3rd, 6th, 10th, 13th, 17th, 20th, 24th, 27th, 31st. All events are sold out.
- Gay Days <Disneyland Resort> Oct 6th to 8th. event website.
- Dapper Day Fall Soiree <Disneyland Resort> Nov 5th. event website.
- Super Heroes Half Marathon <Disneyland Resort> Nov 9th to 12th. (Veteran's Day weekend) Registration is still open via the runDisney website.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Nov 10th to Jan 7th, 2018.
- Star Wars – The Light Side Half Marathon Jan 11th to 14th, 2018.
- Dapper Day Spring Outing to Disneyland April 2ndh. event website.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend – May 10th to 13th, 2018,
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
The Happiest News on Earth
An army of families dawning red tee shirts invades the resort with Gay Days at Disneyland event taking place Oct 6th to 8th. More information about this unofficial event, including a schedule is available on the event website. Most of the organized in-park events take place at Disneyland on Saturday, Oct 7th, and in Disney California Adventure on Sunday, Oct 8th. The official welcome center is located in the Trillium Ball Room of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. This is a family friendly event and while it may impact some queues, it will by no means effect your time at the parks!
How Sweet it is!
Häagen-Dazs has opened a kiosk near the Mickey and Friends tram loading area in Downtown Disney. The kiosk offers a limited selection of Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, plus brownie cookie ice cream sandwiches. You can also purchase an assortment of baked goods and bottled beverages.
It's beginning to look a lot like...
Disney has given us an early glimpse into what we can expect at "The Merriest Place on Earth" in 2017. So put down that pumpkin spiced latte and Halloween cookie, and join me for a sleigh ride..
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort start Friday, November 10th, and run through Sunday, January 7th, 2018. Mickey's Soundsational Parade goes dark on Saturday, November 4th with no official word on when or where it will return. Rumor has it that the parade will be moving to Disney California Adventure for summer of 2018. The final 2017 performance of "Remember Dreams Come True" Fireworks Spectacular is Sunday, November 5th. Fantasmic! is dark Monday through Thursday of that week, and there are no performances of Mickey and the Magical Map between November 4th and 11th.
Next week you may start reserving space for "Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort" guided tour, which also begins Friday, November 10th. The cost is $85 per person, with a 15 percent discount for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders. Call (714) 781-8687 to reserve the tour 30 days in advance of your requested date.
The holiday festivities kick off Friday, November 10th, with "A Christmas Fantasy Parade" at 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Fantasmic! returns with two performances that evening, and "Believe in Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular at 9:30 p.m.
Over at D.C.A., World of Color – Season of Light returns at 9:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. Friday November 10th.There are no other shows on the Disney California Adventure schedule at this time. My wish list from Santa includes the return of La Navidad to the Paradise Garden area.
As we mentioned last UPdate, reservations for Thanksgiving meals are now open and some eateries are already full UP. As good as the resorts quick service locations are the family might not approve of Thanksgiving Dinner there. Log on to disneyland.com or call 714 781-DINE today!
There is nothing as magical as Disneyland at Christmastime. Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle, A Christmas Fantasy Parade, Season of Light, and "Believe in Holiday Magic" are just the beginning. The many realms that receive holiday decorations, the special music from Main Street U.S.A. to the hotels, the special food items all over the resort, and the beautiful Christmas trees we pass on Buena Vista Street and in Town Square as we once again look towards the apartment window with the small lit tree and say..."good night Uncle Walt".