- Splash Mountain <attraction/Critter Country> closed. Reopening TBA.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> closed Jan 8th - 18th to remove the holiday overlay.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant <attraction/Fantasyland> closes Jan 8th for refurbishment. Reopening date TBA.
- Main Street Vehicles <attraction/Main Street U.S.A.> close Jan 8th for refurbishment. Reopening date TBA.
- "it's a small world" <attraction/Fantasyland> closes Jan 22nd to Feb 1st to remove the holiday overlay.
- Casey Jr. Circus Train <attraction/Fantasyland> closes Feb 5th for refurbishment. Reopening date TBA.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats <attraction/Fantasyland> closes Feb 5th for refurbishment. Reopening date TBA.
Disney California Adventure
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail <area/Golden State> closed for refurbishment. Reopening date TBA.
- A Bug's Life Theater <theatre/bug's land> closes Jan 8th for a one-day refurbishment following the Coco preview. It's Tough to be a Bug! reopens Jan 9th.
- Grizzly River Run <attraction/Golden State> closes Jan 8th - Feb 1st for refurbishment.
- Cove Bar <eatery/Paradise Pier> closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. Reopening date TBA.
The following attractions close Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. No reopening date is available at this time, and most of the locations will have new names when they return:
- Games of the Boardwalk
- California Screamin'
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Boardwalk Bazaar
- Sideshow Shirts
- Treasures in Paradise
- Point Magu Tattoo
- Don Tomas Turkey Legs
- Hot Dog Hut
- Ariel's Grotto
- Cove Bar
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
- Build-a-Bear – closes Jan 7th.
- Ridemakerz – closes Jan 7th.
- Vault 28 – closed. The space has been converted to Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire virtual reality offering, scheduled to open January 5.
- Fossil – closed. The space has been converted to Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire virtual reality offering, scheduled to open January 5.
Crowd Impacting Events
- Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure – Jan 26th - Feb 18th.
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Mar 2nd - Apr 12th.
- Pixar Fest begins – Apr 13th. Debut of "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks show.
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
Happy NEWS on Earth!
End of the Holidays
The new year means the return of the APs. Holders of the Southern California pass can return on Sunday, January 7, and the SoCal Select pass is valid once more starting next Monday, January 8. This is also the final week of the Festival of Holidays and the last week before the spring refurbishments including the closing of Paradise Pier!
Last chance to see the following:Holiday Attractions
Haunted Mansion Holiday – Sunday, January 7 final day
"it's a small world" Holiday – Sunday, January 21 final day
Holiday Entertainment/FoodA Christmas Fantasy Parade – Sunday, January 7 at 3:30 p.m. final performance
"Believe...In Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular – Sunday, January 7 at 9:20 p.m. final performance
Festival of Holidays – Sunday, January 7 final day
Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party – Saturday, January 6 at 6:30 p.m. final performanceWorld of Color – Season of Light – Sunday, January 7 at 10:15 p.m. final performance
The following areas close January 8 as part of the Pixar Pier construction. No reopening date is available at this time, and most of the locations will have new names when they return:
Games of the Boardwalk
'Mickey's Fun Wheel
Treasures in Paradise
Point Mugu Tattoo
Don Tomas Turkey Legs
Hot Dog Hut
Cove Bar (will re-open temporarily for spring break
Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
Build-a-Bear – Sunday, January 7.Ridemakerz – scheduled to close Sunday, January 7.
Three Kings Day
Disney California Adventure wraps up the ¡Viva Navidad! promotion with a Three Kings Day event in Paradise Gardens on January 7th. Look for children's craft areas, a display of Three Wise Men figurines, and a cart where you can purchase a slice of Rosca de Reyes (Kings bread). But eat carefully there might be a hidden surprise inside, which is said to bring good fortune to the person who finds it.
The Anaheim Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel is owned by the same folks who owned the Anabella Hotel and the old Carousel Hotel. They are making a major investment in the mid-century design of their hotel:
ANAHEIM, CALIF. – The Wincome Group finalizes rebranding effort on newly rated AAA-three diamond property, The Anaheim Hotel.Beginning in October of 2016 and finalizing in December 2017, the Anaheim Hotel underwent extensive renovations to its lobby, meeting and events spaces, pool, landscaping, parking lot, exterior facade, and most importantly its 303 guest rooms. Wincome Group embraced the hotel's heritage with a mid-century modern aesthetic, while maintaining the unique attributes and classic comforts that it has built its guest loyalty around.
The rebranding initiative also included a name change, with the former Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites officially becoming The Anaheim Hotel in April of 2017.The Pizza Press was also part of the Anaheim Hotel's refurb effort, partnering with the hotel to provide not only their popular Pizza Press restaurant, but also a full service breakfast, in-room dining, and catering options.