- Sailing Ship Columbia <attraction/Frontierland> closed Nov 27th to 30th.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> closes Jan 8th to remove holiday overlay. Re-open date TBA.
Disney California Adventure
- Goofy's Sky School <attraction/Paradise Pier> closed through Dec 20th.
- California Screamin' – closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. Will re-open as Incred-a-Coaster date TBA.
- Mickey's Fun Wheel – closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. Re-open date TBA.
- Ariel's Grotto – closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier re-theme.
- Cove Bar – closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. Re-opening during Spring Break.
- Games of the Boardwalk – closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. No re-opening date is available at this time.
- Sideshow Shirts – closes Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier re-theme.
- Ridemakerz – Reduced operating hours.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – through Jan 7th, 2018.
- Candlelight Processional/Ceremony – Dec 2nd and 3rd, with two events nightly.
- Candy Cane dates:
- Disneyland Candy Palace – Nov 24th, 29th; Dec 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 18th, 20th, 24th
- Disney California Adventure Trolley Treats – Nov 25th, 28th; Dec 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 25th
- Pixar Fest – Apr 13th, 2018. Debut of the new "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree - Apr 22nd. event website.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9.
The Happiest NEWS on Earth!
Downtown Disney's parking rate structure has changed just in time for holiday shopping, but this time to the benefit of guests! This summer Disney ended free parking for Downtown Disney, but allowed guests to receive two or four hours of complimentary parking with validation from eligible stores, restaurants and the AMC movie theater. This time frame made it impossible to enjoy dinner and a movie without paying for parking.
Guests now receive three hours of complimentary parking in the lot when they spend at least $20 in one transaction at any Downtown Disney shop, kiosk, or quick-service restaurant.
As before, only one validation is accepted per ticket, and the stores and restaurants at the three Disneyland Resort Hotels do not offer validation for the Downtown Disney lot.
An update to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues launched last week introducing passengers to two new destinations in the Star Wars galaxy. The first is a planet called Crait, from the upcoming 8th episode Star Wars: The Last Jedi. We don't learn much about the planet from the sequence, but the visuals are exciting!
The second world is Buuth the name of the "remote outpost on the galaxy's edge" now being constructed at Disneyland Park. With Star Wars: The Last Jedi set to open in theaters in just a few weeks, Disney's marketing machine is working to fuel the anticipation. When the new Star Tours scenes debuted Friday at Disneyland, Star Wars actor Mark Hamill (Jedi Luke Skywalker) surprised one cabin of guests with a special appearance.