- River Belle Terrace <eatery/Frontierland> closed through Nov 21st.
- Indiana Jones Adventure <attraction/Adventureland> closed Nov 6th to 9th.
- "it's a small world" <attraction/Fantasyland> closed through Nov 9th to install the holiday overlay.
- Space Mountain <attraction/Tomorrowland> closed Nov 1st to remove the holiday overlay.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> closed Jan 8th, 2018 to remove the holiday overlay. Reopening date TBA.
Disney California Adventure
- Goofy's Sky School <attraction/Paradise Garden> closed through Dec 19th.
- "it's tough to be a bug" <theatre/bug's land> closed through Nov 2nd, beginning Nov 3rd hosting a preview of "Coco"
- Ridemakerz – With reduced operating hours. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and closed Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Chapel Hats – closed. Temporary retail home for Vault 28's The Disney Dress Shop line through the holiday season.
Crowd Impacting Events
Nevada schools are closed this Friday, Oct 27th to observe Nevada Day, creating a three-day weekend. While Nevada Day doesn't usually draw the same crowds as UEA, it's worth mentioning
- Halloween Time: Through Oct 31st.
- Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland – Oct 24th, 27th and 31st. All nights sold out.
- Dapper Day/Fall Outing to Disneyland – Nov 5th. event website.
- Super Heroes Half Marathon – Nov 9th to 12th. Adds to the Veteran's Day weekend/begin of holiday season crowds.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: Nov 10th through Jan 7th, 2018.
- Candlelight Processional/Ceremony – Saturday and Sunday Dec 2nd and Dec 3rd, with two performances nightly.
- Dapper Day/Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd. event website.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29 and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
Happiest News on Earth!
A Tiki Mug Will Follow You Home
This years version of the Hitchhiking Ghost Tiki Mug series debuted October 24 at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
The 2017 Candlelight Processional is confirmed for Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday, December 3rd, with two performances each night. Disney has not announced the narrator(s) for these events.
I am always asked about the taping of the Southern California excerpts for the Disney Parks Christmas morning TV special. The Christmas Fantasy Parade begins performances on November 10th. ABC and Disney usually tape sections of the program in November to air on Christmas Day. Disney does not releases the dates of the taping, in an effort to minimize crowds who might turn up to watch the taping, or to see their favorite artist. I'll share more information as it can be confirmed. But plea do not plan a special trip just to see the taping.
They filmed the majority of last year's show and parade from areas in Walt Disney World, using just a few performances at the Disneyland Resort. It seems this year the parade segments will be recorded in Anaheim, and musical performances shot at Walt Disney World.
Star Speeder Service to Crait
Disney has announced that a new scene from Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be added to Star Tours starting Friday, November 17th. The latest episode in the saga opens in theaters on December 15th. Fans who want to avoid any possible spoilers of the new film may wish to skip Star Tours until they see the movie, although you've probably already seen the trailers that feature the red crystal dust of the embattled planet!