- River Belle Terrace <Frontierland/eatery> closed through Nov 21st.
- Indiana Jones Adventure <Adventureland/attraction> closed Nov 6th – 9th
- "it's a small world" <Fantasyland/attraction> closed Oct 23rd to Nov 9th to install the holiday overlay. Reopens Nov 10th.
- Space Mountain <Tomorrowland/attraction> closed Nov 1st to remove the holiday overlay.
- Haunted Mansion <New Orleans Square/attraction> closed Jan 8th, 2018 to remove the holiday overlay. Reopening TBA
Disney's California Adventure
- Goofy's Sky School <Paradise Pier/attraction> Reopening Dec19th.
- "it's tough to be a bug" <bug's land/attraction> closed Oct 23rd to Nov 2nd opens Nov 3rd to host a preview of "Coco"
- Halloween Time: Through October 31.
- Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland – Oct 17, 20, 24, 27 and 31. sold out.
- Dapper Day/Fall Outing to Disneyland – Nov 5th event website.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: Nov 10th to Jan 7th, 2018.
- Dapper Day/Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd event website.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4, 5, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22, 23, 29 and 30; June 1, 2, 5, 6, 8 and 9
HAPPIEST NEWS ON EARTH
READY GET SET STOP!
Due to the start of construction on the fourth Disneyland Hotel property and the Paradise Pier renovation, runDisney races may not be held as planned in 2018..
This has been both expected and actually feared for quite some time now, and seem inevitable given the event was scheduled to take place in just two months.
In March runDisney announced registration for the races had been "temporarily postponed," and that details would be available at a later date. Even without availability of space for the Light Side event, many runners signed up for Walt Disney World's companion Dark Side event when registration opened in May. In prior years, runners who completed the half marathon distance at both events qualified for an additional Kessel Run Challenge medal, though there was mention of that added challenge in the 2018.
Would be participants became concerned in June, when runDisney deleted race dates and registration information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon from the official website, and replaced it with a message saying, "Stay tuned for registration and event information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at runDisney.com" .Seven months later, runDisney has yet to provide any updates, or to address the concerns of those runners who already paid to participate in the Light Side event.
Cast members staffing the runDisney booth at the Disneyland Half Marathon race expo in September would only refer runners to the runDisney website for future announcements.
Cancelling runDisney events in Anaheim will also impact their partners in runDisney Charity Groups Program, which includes groups like Autism Speaks, City of Hope, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America.
Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire GRAND OPENING
Tickets are on sale for Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, an hyper-reality experience being built in Downtown Disney. The new venue opens Friday, January 5, 2018
From the Disney Parks blog:
A galaxy far, far away needs your help. In teams of four, be transported with family and friends in a brand new hyper-reality experience from Lucasfilm, ILMxLAB and The VOID. Under the orders of the budding rebellion, your team will travel to the molten planet of Mustafar. Your mission is to recover Imperial intelligence vital to the rebellion's survival. Alongside the pragmatic droid K-2S0, your team must navigate through an enemy facility walking into danger at every turn. Disguised as stormtroopers, grab your blaster, solve puzzles, and fight giant lava monsters in an effort to fulfill your team's orders.
The 30-minute experience is $29.95, plus a payment processing fee of $2.85. Tickets are available online. No discounts are currently offered to Annual Passholders or Disney cast members.
There is a height requirement of 48 inches, and The Void recommends that participants be at least 10 years or older, "due to the weight of the gear and some intense content." Participants under age 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver.
Time, tickets are currently available through March 6, 2018. The first 5 days are sold out, as are most weekends. Disney has not said how long the experience will remain open.