Here, we endeavour to provide the latest information to help you plan the best possible trip to the Disneyland Resort!
- Splash Mountain <attraction/Critter Country> closed through Apr 14th.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds <attraction/Fantasyland> closed Apr 16th – 19th for refurbishment
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant <attraction/Fantasyland> closed for refurbishment reopening date TBA.
- Pirates of the Caribbean <attraction/New Orleans Square> closes for refurbishment Apr 23rd. Reopening date TBA
Disney's California Adventure
- World of Color <show/Paradise Bay> closed for refurbishment on Apr 13th. Reopening date TBA.
- Lube O Rama <store/Cars Land> closes Apr 30th for refurbishment. Reopening date TBA
The following attractions closed Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. No reopening date is available at this time, and most of the locations will have new names when they return:
- Games of the Boardwalk
- California Screamin'
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Boardwalk Bazaar
- Sideshow Shirts
- Treasures in Paradise
- Point Magu Tattoo
- Don Tomas Turkey Legs
- Hot Dog Hut
- Ariel's Grotto
- Cove Bar
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
- King Triton's Carousel
The following attractions will close by the end of summer to make room for Super Heroes themed land.
- "It's Tough to be a Bug" – closed May 19th
- Flik’s Flyers
- Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
- Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
- Princess Dot Puddle Park
- Tuck and Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies
Crowd Impacting Events
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Mar 2nd through Apr 12th.
- Pixar Fest – Apr 13th. Debut of the new "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks show.
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd. event website.
- Flapper Day at DCA - Apr 28th, Dress like the roaring 20's
- 2018 Grad Nites - May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
- CHOC Walk – Aug 26th.
Happiest NEWS on Earth
Francis, and the rest of the A Bug's Life cast will soon bid farewell to Disney California Adventure, when A Bug's Land closes later this summer to make room for a new Super Hero themed land.
What was announced as a refurbishment for "It's Tough to be a Bug" has now been confirmed as the final closure for the Bug's Life Theater, which will also be part of the new Super Hero area. Team Disney Anaheim says the rest of the land attractions will close in late summer.
Disney officially announced the closure and the new land last week, and released one piece of concept art.
We try very hard not to represent rumors as news, so here's all that Disney has officially said about the new land:
At Disneyland Resort, the new Super Hero-themed land will begin recruiting guests in 2020, with even more new experiences to follow. The Guardians of the Galaxy will be joined by Spider-Man and the Avengers in what will become a completely immersive Super Hero universe, furthering the evolution of Disney California Adventure park. This new land will be anchored by the popular Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, in the adjacent space that is currently occupied by “a bug’s land.” “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” closed March 19 to make way for this new heroic experience; the rest of the land will close in late summer.
Opening on February 8, 2001 "It's Tough to be a Bug" was an original attraction at DCA part of the Bountiful Valley Farm section. The theater attraction remained open and was incorporated into A Bug's Land when the new area opened in 2002, bringing more kid friendly attractions to a park that some felt offered little for young children to do.
Since 2002, DCA has added even more family-friendly rides, including Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! (2006), Toy Story Midway Mania (2008) and The Little Mermaid – Ariel's Undersea Adventure (2011). There have also been various iterations of the Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior show offered since 2003.
Pixar Food-Fest Begins Apr 18th
Lamplight Lounge will still be home to the famous lobster nachos when they open. They’ll have all-new signature drinks!
Jessie’s Berry Jubilee Funnel Cake topped with blueberries, strawberries, chocolate cookie crumbles, crème anglaise, white chocolate, and gold-dusted whipped cream), Golden Horseshoe, Disneyland.
Fredrickson Pork Chop TV Dinner, Carnation Café, Disneyland
Fried-ricksen Bologna Sandwich, Carnation Café, Disneyland
Charcuterie Plate Starter (part of 3-Course Meal), Cafe Orleans, Disneyland
Deviled Eggs and Toast,Cove Bar (March 16-May 31), Lamplight Lounge (June 23 onward)
Tuna Poke, Cove Bar (March 16-May 31), Lamplight Lounge (June 23 onward)
Toy Story Alien Macarons Tomorrowland
Toy Story Pesto Pasta, Tomorrowland.
Lots-o’-Straw-“Bear”-y Churro, Tomorrowland, Disneyland
Lots-o’-Straw-“Bear”-y Funnel Cake (Strawberry-cherry topping, strawberry butter, and streusel, with spiced syrup drizzle), Hungry Bear Restaurant, Critter Country.
Boot Beer Root Beer Float served in Woody’s Boot, Golden Horseshoe, Disneyland
- UP Merit Badge Éclair—Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, Disneyland
- UP-Tart: Nutella Pop Tart Chocolate Fredrickson House & Balloons—Cappuccino Cart, Disneyland.
- Mike Wazowski Bread—Pacific Wharf Café, Disney California Adventure.
- Sully Premium Popcorn Bucket—All Disneyland Resort popcorn carts.
- Mike Wazowski Sipper—Disney California Adventure quick-service restaurants.
D23 EXPO is returning to Anaheim from August 23–25 in 2019!
Taking place once again at the Anaheim Convention Center, the fan event looks at all of Disney’s biggest properties including Parks and Resorts, Studios, and more to celebrate what’s new and what’s on the horizon.
Highlights planned for D23 Expo include more than 50 shows, presentations, and panels, including the Disney Legends Ceremony, which honors the talented men and women who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy; an all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives; a daily parade down the middle of the show floor; D23 Expo’s costume contest, Mousequerade, showcasing the most creative designs by fans; and the D23 Expo Design Challenge.
D23 Expo 2019 will feature a massive show floor full of immersive experiences and special opportunities to see what’s next for Disney around the world and guests may run into their favorite Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers. Guests can enjoy numerous shopping opportunities with D23 Expo exclusive collectibles and more at an assortment of Disney and partner merchants, including the D23 Expo Emporium, where Disney fans can buy, sell, and trade Disney collectibles, memorabilia, merchandise, and more. All of the popular presentation venues will return, including Hall D23, the Expo Arena, Stage 28, and Center Stage.
Tickets for D23 Expo 2019 will go on sale at D23expo.com beginning August 23, 2018. Ticket prices will be announced later this summer.
Special pricing on both one and three day tickets to the event (including an Early Bird Discount) will be exclusively available to D23 Gold Members. Additional special benefits will also be available to Gold and Charter Members at the 2019 Expo. D23 Gold Members will also have an opportunity to purchase the Sorcerer Package, which provides a host of special benefits and amenities.