- Main Street Vehicles – closed through Mar 15th for refurbishment.
- Splash Mountain <Critter Country/attraction> closed for refurbishment through Mar 18th.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant <Fantasyland/
attraction> closed for refurbishment through Mar 18th.
Disney's California Adventure
- Cove Bar – closed as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. The location will temporarily reopen Mar 23rd through Apr 8th.
- World of Color <show/Paradise Bay> closed for refurbishment on Apr 13th. Reopening date TBD.
The following attractions closed Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. No reopening date is available at this time, and most of the locations will have new names when they return:
- Games of the Boardwalk
- California Screamin'
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Boardwalk Bazaar
- Sideshow Shirts
- Treasures in Paradise
- Point Magu Tattoo
- Don Tomas Turkey Legs
- Hot Dog Hut
- Ariel's Grotto
- Cove Bar
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
- King Triton's Carousel
Crowd Impacting Events
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Mar 2nd through Apr 12th.
- Pixar Fest begins – Apr 13th. Debut of the new "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks show.
- Mini Gay Days at Disneyland – Mar 3rd. event website.
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd. event website..
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
- CHOC Walk – Aug 26th.
Happiest NEWS on Earth!
2018 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
From March 2nd – April 12th, you can enjoy the estival which brings with it tasting, sipping, learning, and entertainment options for the whole family. We visited last weekend for the opening weekend to get a taste of the festival and are happy to report back a bunch of the sights, flavors, and sounds.
Tasting Passports are available all over the place to help you wrangle the weekends events. It has details on menus, entertainment, and more. There is also a food restriction index that shows the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival menu items that are Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Kid-Friendly.
PIXAR Food Fest
PIXAR FEST is coming soon to the Disneyland Resort and it will be bringing with it a host of entertainment, the new Pixar Pier at DCA and of course...new FOOD OPTIONS! Disney released a peek at some of the upcoming purchasables to enjoy this summer. PIXAR FEST takes place at the Disneyland Resort from April 13th through September 3rd.
Up Food Options
- Fried-ricksen Bologna Sandwich – Carnation Café, Disneyland park
- Fredrickson TV Diner – Carnation Café, Disneyland park
- “Up” Merit Badge Éclair – Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, Disneyland park
- “Up”-Tart – Nutella Pop Tart Chocolate Fredrickson House & Balloons – Capuccino Cart, Disneyland park
Toy Story Food Options
- Boot Beer Root Beer Float served in a Souvenir Woody’s Boot – Golden Horseshoe, Disneyland park
- Jessie’s Berry Jubilee Funnel Cake (House-made funnel cake topped with blueberries, strawberries, chocolate cookie crumbles, crème anglaise, white chocolate, and gold-dusted whipped cream) – Golden Horseshoe, Disneyland park
- Lots-o’-Straw-“Bear”-y Funnel Cake (Strawberry-cherry topping, strawberry butter and streusel, with spiced syrup drizzle) – Hungry Bear Restaurant, Disneyland park
- Lots-o’-Straw-“Bear”-y Churro – Tomorrowland, Disneyland park
Coco Food Options
- Coco Churro (Chocolate and vanilla bean dust and salted cinnamon sugar served with a spiced Mexican chocolate dipping sauce) – Frontierland, Disneyland park
Monsters, Inc. Food Options
- Mike Wazowski Bread – Pacific Wharf Café, Disney California Adventure park
- Sulley Premium Popcorn Bucket – All Disneyland Resort popcorn carts
- Mike Wazowski Sipper – Disney California Adventure park quick-service restaurants
Disney confirmed today several details for the upcoming PIXAR PIER including several changes and a delayed opening for the new Carousel.
Jessie’s Critter Carousel
Getting a delayed opening in 2019, King Triton’s Carousel will become Jessie’s Critter Carousel. Inspired by Jessie’s wilderness friends in the “Woody’s Roundup” television show from “Toy Story 2,” this newly reimagined attraction is a classic boardwalk carousel with a whimsical spin. Saddle up on one of 56 adorable friends, choosing from a turtle, snake, buzzard, armadillo, bunny, deer, raccoon, ram, skunk and two cozy logs inhabited by a family of owls.
Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
Inspired by the lovable and not-at-all-abominable monster from “Monsters, Inc.,” this will be your go-to for frozen treats.
In the “Toy Story” neighborhood of Pixar Pier, big appetites and small fries alike will love the Poultry Palace. This giant fun meal inspired by Pixar’s short, “Toy Story Toon: Small Fry,” even comes with a Fun Meal Zurg!
Señor Buzz Churros
Buzz Lightyear has switched into Spanish mode to offer this quintessential Disneyland Resort treat.
Further down Pixar Pier, Angry Dogs will be serving up some hot items – which is the perfect place for Anger from “Inside Out.” The more he burns with rage, the hotter the dogs get!