- Storybook Land Canal Boats <Fantasyland/attraction> closed through Feb15th for refurbishment.
- Casey Jr. Circus Train <Fantasyland/attraction> closes through Mar 1st for refurbishment.
- Main Street Vehicles – closed through Mar 15th for refurbishment.
- Splash Mountain <Critter Country/attraction> closed for refurbishment through Mar 18th.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant <Fantasyland/attraction> closed for refurbishment through Mar 18th.
Disney's California Adventure
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – closed for refurbishment. Reopens March 10.
- Cove Bar – closed as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. The location will temporarily reopen in April during Spring Break.
The following attractions closed Jan 8th as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. No reopening date is available at this time, and most of the locations will have new names when they return:
- Games of the Boardwalk
- California Screamin'
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Boardwalk Bazaar
- Sideshow Shirts
- Treasures in Paradise
- Point Magu Tattoo
- Don Tomas Turkey Legs
- Hot Dog Hut
- Ariel's Grotto
- Cove Bar
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
- King Triton's Carousel (closes March 2)
Crowd Impacting Events
- Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure – through Feb 18th.
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Mar 2nd through Apr 12th.
- Pixar Fest begins – Apr 13th. Debut of the new "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks show.
- Mini Gay Days at Disneyland – Mar 3rd. event website.
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd. event website..
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
- CHOC Walk – Aug 26th.
Happiest NEWS on Earth!
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
In conjunction with the above mentioned refurbs guest currently face an obstacle course in Disneyland Park. The fun begins with walls around Town Square, up MSUSA, and around the Plaza (hub). "The Happiest Horses on Earth" are getting new track for the first time since 1955. The rails are being placed further apart and a brick in-lay installed between the tracks. During the construction there will be a Rope Drop at each land on the hub, instead of the traditional Rope Drop at the head of Main Street U.S.A.
There are also construction walls near the end of the mall at "it's a small world." Crews are moving the parade gate a few yards south (to the right) to make way for a queue extension and stroller parking at the popular attraction.
In Critter Country Splash Mountain is spending the winter behind walls. No news yet from WDI regarding rumored changes to the attraction, and I do not report on information I can not verify.
Following the Leader
On Wednesday, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Bob Chapek announced that current Disneyland Resort President Michael Colglazier will become president and managing director, Asia Pacific, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts effective March 5, 2018. Colglazier leaves his position of five years at the head of the Disneyland Resort to replace Bill Ernest, who announced plans to retire from his Disney Parks Asia role earlier in the month.
Replacing Michael Colglazier is Josh D’Amaro, a 20-year Disney veteran who returns to the Disneyland Resort after a 12-year stint at Walt Disney World in Florida. Most recently, D'Amaro was a senior vice president at Walt Disney World Resort, and held that title in divisions including strategy, sales and business development and Resorts and Transportation. D'Amaro was also vice president of Animal Kingdom Park from 2012 to 2014, and has held roles with diverse Disney divisions including Adventures by Disney and Disney Consumer Products.
Something There That Wasn't There Before
As of February 9th you can have breakfast at The Red Rose Tavern in Fantasyland. This service replaces the morning service at Rancho Del Zocalo of Frontierland. As of post time the menu has not been announced.
Classic Easter Tea at DLH
Reservations are available for most dates of the 2018 Classic Easter Tea at Steakhouse 55. Here is the event information from the Disneyland website, which is also where you can make reservations for the tea:
Join us for a special springtime celebration during an elegant afternoon tea with an Easter theme.
On select Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in March and April, enjoy a proper tea with scrumptious treats and pots of tea. The 2018 Easter Classic Tea is presented from 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM on:
- March 23, 24 and 25
- March 30, 31 and April 1
- April 6, 7 and 8
Savor Spring’s Bounty
Nibble on assorted fresh-baked scones and tea sandwiches with toppings like herbed chicken, smoked salmon and egg salad, all accompanied by cherry blossom green tea.
Young diners will enjoy fanciful sandwiches in kid-friendly flavors like peanut butter with banana and ham and cheese. And since no teatime is complete without something sweet, the final delectable morsels are mini carrot cakes, decorated strawberries and more.
Complimentary self-parking is available with validation at the Disneyland Hotel. Menu subject to change without notice.
Please note: gluten-free and vegan options are available upon request. Alcohol will only be served to Guests 21 and older.