- Splash Mountain <attraction/Critter Country> closes Jan 2nd, 2018 for refurbishment. Reopening TBA.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> closes Jan 8th, 2018 to remove the holiday overlay. Reopening TBA.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant <attraction/Fantasyland> closes Jan 8th, 2018 for refurbishment. Reopening TBA.
- Main Street Vehicles <attractions/Main Street U.S.A.> closes Jan 8th, 2018 for refurbishment. Reopening TBA.
Disney California Adventure
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail <recreation area> closes Jan 2nd, 2018 for refurbishment. Reopening TBA.
- It's Tough to be a Bug! <bug's land/theatre> closes Jan 8th, 2018 for refurbishment. Reopening TBA.
- Grizzly River Run <attraction/Grizzly Peak> closes Jan 8th, 2018 for refurbishment. Reopening TBA.
- Cove Bar <eatery/Paradise Pier> closes Jan 8, 2018 as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. The location will temporarily reopen during Spring Break.
The following attractions close January 8th, 2018 as part of the Pixar Pier re-theme:
- California Screamin'
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Ariel's Grotto and Cove Bar
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Sideshow Shirts
- Boardwalk Bazaar
- Treasures in Paradise
- Point Magu Tattoo
- Don Tomas Turkey Legs
- Hot Dog Hut
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
Crowd Impacting Events
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – through Jan 7th, 2018.
- Candlelight Processional/Ceremony – Dec 2nd and 3rd, with two events nightly.
- Candy Cane release dates:
- Disneyland Candy Palace – Dec 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 18th, 20th, 24th
- Disney California Adventure Trolley Treats – Dec 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 25th
- Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure – Jan 26th through Feb 18th.
- Pixar Fest – Apr 13th, 2018. Debut of the new "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks show.
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
The Happiest NEWS on Earth!
TOYs 4 TOTs
Toys for Tots is having their annual toy drive in Downtown Disney this Saturday and Sunday, December 2 and 3.coinciding with Candlelight You'll find the collection station at the stage near ESPN Zone and Earl of Sandwich. Toys for Tots collects new, unwrapped toys worth $10 or more, and distributes them to local charities. Representatives from the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves and Anaheim Fire and Rescue departments will be on hand from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day to accept donations.
If you don't remember to bring a gift, you'll find a table staffed by Disney VoluntEARS, where you can purchase items that you can then donate. Collection boxes will also be placed in each of the three Disneyland Resort hotels, and inside participating Downtown Disney vendors.
Lunar New Year @ DCA
The Disneyland Resort will commemorate the Year of the Dog with a Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure, January 26 through February 18. The festival brings a collection of popular offerings including Mulan's Lunar New Year Procession and the Hurry Home Lunar New Year Celebration water show
.Hurry Home premiered this year as a pre-show presented before the start of each performance of the World of Color. Disney has not confirmed whether the World of Color will be performed during the Pixar Pier makeover, and the Lunar New Year announcement presents Hurry Home as a stand-alone show, with no mention of World of Color.
The Lunar New Year festivities will again feature special food and beverage from Korea, China and Vietnam, along with character meet and greet opportunities and area entertainment. Of course the largest crowds will be the weekend of February 16–18.
Disneyland After Dark
After we published last week's Disneyland Resort Update, Disney provided ticket and event details about the first Disneyland After Dark event, scheduled for Thursday, January 18, 2018
Tickets to this after-hours event are $95.00 per guest, ages 3 and up, and do not include parking. No discounts apply, though Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders get first dibs on the tickets when they go on sale this Thursday, Nov 30th. Any remaining tickets will be available to the general public starting Dec 7th.The event runs from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., With the park closing to day guests at 8:00 p.m. In addition to an exclusive showing of the "Fantasy in The Sky" fireworks, select Disneyland attractions including Peter Pan's Flight, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Pirates of the Caribbean, "it's a small world" and Jungle Cruise will operating for the event.
There will also be themed entertainment at locations around the park, meet and greets with "classic personalities," and themed food and drink offerings. Disney's PhotoPass department will be available for the event, and admission includes free digital downloads of the PhotoPass photos taken during the event.Check the event website for the link to purchase tickets. Disney says Throwback Nite is just the first in a series of after hours events!
New Year, New Pier, New Land
On Jan 7th, 2018 when the Holidays have officially ended at the Disneyland Resort, work will begin on the re-imagineering of Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier. Starting Jan 8th, 2018, nearly everything from the east entrance to Paradise Pier to the Paradise Gardens on the west side is closing for refurbishment.
The work will separate the current Paradise Pier area into four "neighborhoods." Three of the neighborhoods will each be themed individually to a Pixar property: The Incredibles, Toy Story, and Inside Out. The Toy Story neighborhood includes Toy Story Midway Mania, which will be the only attraction to remain open during the transformation.
Disney says the new land is expected to debut during Pixar Fest which runs April 13th, though the opening of The Incredicoaster in June, around the release of The Incredibles 2. A new ride based on Inside Out will also open later next year
Ariel's Grotto and the Cove Bar will both get Pixar overlays during the transformation, and will also close January 8th. Disney has not released theme details for the restaurant, but but with the new flag-ship Disney Plaza Hotel due to open at the resort with a Princess Character Dining experience, the restaurant is free to open with a Pixar them