- Mark Twain Riverboat <attraction/Frontierland> closed Dec 11th to 14th.
- Splash Mountain <attraction/Critter Country> closes Jan 2nd, 2018 reopening date TBA.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> closed Jan 8th to 18th, 2018 to remove the holiday overlay.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant <attraction/Fantasyland> closes Jan 8th, 2018. Reopening TBA.
- Main Street Vehicles <attraction/Main Street U.S.A.> closes Jan 8th, 2018. Reopening Jan 22nd.
- Goofy's Sky School – closed through December 20 for refurbishment.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail recreation area/Golden State> closes Jan 2nd, 2018. Reopening TBA.
- A Bug's Life Theater – closes Jan 8th, 2018 It's Tough to be a Bug! reopens on Jan 9th, 2018.
- Grizzly River Run <attraction/Golden State>– closes Jan 8th, 2018. Reopening TBA.
- Cove Bar <eatery/Paradise Pier> closes Jan 8th, 2018 as part of the Pixar Pier retheme, though the location will temporarily reopen during Spring Break.
The following attractions, stores, and eateries close Jan 8th, 2018 as part of the Pixar Pier retheme. Reopening TBA:
- California Screamin'
- Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Ariel's Grotto and Cove Bar
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Sideshow Shirts
- Boardwalk Bazaar
- Treasures in Paradise
- Point Magu Tattoo
- Don Tomas Turkey Legs
- Hot Dog Hut
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company
- Ridemakerz – Reduced operating hours.
- Chapel Hats – closed. The space was converted to a temporary retail home for Vault 28's The Disney Dress Shop line through the holiday season..
Crowd Impacting Events
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – through Jan 7th, 2018.
- Candy Cane release dates:
- Disneyland Candy Palace – Dec 11th, 13th, 15th, 18th, 20th, 24th
- Disney's California Adventure Trolley Treats – Dec 2nd, 14th, 16th, 21st, 25th
- Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure – Jan 26th through Feb 18th.
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Mar 2nd through Apr 12th.
- Pixar Fest begins – Apr 13th, 2018. Debut of the new "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" fireworks show.
- Dapper Day Spring Soiree – Apr 22nd.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th.
Happiest NEWS on Earth!
Play Date at Disneyland
The Pixar Play Parade will debut at Disneyland on April 13th, with three new units. Disney Parks Blog states, the new lead float is Luxo, Jr. chasing the iconic Pixar ball. A second float features the characters from Up, while the final includes the stars of Inside
DCA: Year of Festivals
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is scheduled for six weeks in spring of 2018, from March 2nd through April 12th. Here is a peek at the current information.
Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure – January 26 through February 18
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – March 2 through April 12.
Pixar Fest begins – April 13
All but a very small group of Passholders are blocked out for the last two weeks of 2017. Starting next Monday, December 18th, all annual passports except the Signature Plus Passport and the Premier Annual Passport are blocked out for the rest of the year.
This mean this coming week will be extra busy with Passholders hoping to get their one last look at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure for the year. There are no blockouts at all this Monday through Wednesday, and these are the final three days for holders of the two Southern California passes to visit before January 7, 2018.
Multiple reports on social media showed flames visible from behind the construction walls surrounding the new Splitsville sushi/bowling alley, under construction on the site of the former House of Blues location. The fire was limited to a dumpster and there was no building damage or injuries.