- River Belle Terrace <eatery/Frontierland> closed through Nov 21st.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad <attractant/Frontierland> closed through Oct 19th
- Indiana Jones Adventure <attraction/Adventureland> closed Nov 6th to 9th.
- "it's a small world" –<attraction/Fantasyland> closed Oct 23rd to Nov 9th (install the holiday overlay) Reopen Nov 10th.
- Space Mountain <attraction/Tomorrowland> closed Nov 1st (remove Ghost Galaxy) Reopen Nov 2nd.
- Haunted Mansion <attraction/New Orleans Square> closed Jan 8th (remove holiday overlay) Reopen TBA.
Disney California Adventure
- Goofy's Sky School <attraction/Paradise Pier> closed through Dec 10th.
- "it's tough to be a bug" theater <attraction/bugs land> closed Oct 23rd to Nov 2nd when it will present a preview of "Coco"
- Ridemakerz <retail> Reduced operating hours. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Chapel Hats <retail> Space will be used as a temporary home for Vault 28's The Dress Shop line through the holiday season.
- Vault 28 – now closed to make room for new Star Wars virtual reality experience
- Fossil – now closed to make room for new Star Wars virtual reality experience
Grand Californian Resort and Spa
- Pinocchio's Workshop <childcare> closed to be converted to the hotel's fitness center.
Crowd Impacting events
- Halloween Time: Through Oct 31st.
- Mickey's Halloween Party Oct 13th, 17th, 20th, 24th, 27th, 31st. All events sold out.
- Dapper Day/Fall Outing Nov 5th. event website.
- Super Heroes Half Marathon Nov 9th to 12th. This event adds to the Holiday start/Veteran's Day weekend crowds. Registration via the runDisney website.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort: Nov 10th to Jan 7th, 2018.
- Star Wars – The Light Side Half Marathon Jan 11th to 14th, 2018. Registration dates and details pending.
- Dapper Day/Spring Soiree Apr 22nd event website.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon May 10th to 13th, 2018, but runDisney has since removed the date from the 2018 event listing. Registration dates and details pending.
- 2018 Grad Nites: May 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th Jun 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th.
The Happiest News on Earth
Jingle all away
Disneyland has confirmed that The Jingle Cruise holiday overlay of the World Famous Jungle Cruise will not happen this year. The Adventureland attraction will remain open in its current form through the season. This perennial is a joy just as it is no matter the season!
The Smokiest Place on Earth
The orange skies above are not an elaborate Disney Halloween decoration. A wild fire designated Canyon Fire 2 is burning in Anaheim Hills about 15 miles north-east of the resort. The blaze as of this writing is 8,000 acres and has destroyed over 2 dozens structures. Many local schools and businesses have been closed, with 5,000 homes under mandatory evacuation. Today the fire is 85% contained
Changing in Downtown Disney
In less time then it takes to build a snowman Disney has quietly re-themed Anna and Elsa's make over area in Downtown Disney. The renamed Dream Boutique still caters to ages 3-12, With a wide assortment of clothing and costumes themed to the Disney Princesses. The transformation station which offered services to royal girls and boys has stopped operating.The Bibidi Bobidi Boutique in Disneyland Park's Fantasyland still does makeovers. Frozen packages start at $64.95, and appointments are available 60 days in advance by calling (714) 781-STYLE (7895).
As mentioned in previous UPdates Downtown Disney has lost other haberdashers recently., Chapel Hats, Fossil and Vault 28 have all closed. The Chapel Hats space will eventually be used for additional dining offerings, but at least through the holiday season the space will be used as a temporary retail home for Vault 28's The Dress Shop line through the holiday season. The combined Vault 28 and Fossil spaces will be used for a new Star Wars virtual reality experience.